Avon - Avon is the name of a famous chalk-stream in south of England, the river where Frank Sawyer worked and developed the even more famous pheasant tail Nymph.
The new Avon rods from A.Jensen is based on knowledge from earlier top selling rod series mixed with the knowledge from very skill-full trout and grayling anglers from north and south of Europe. And the result is a striking new series of top performing rods for the serious dry fly and nymph fisherman.
We have used the new highest density carbon and IM8 Nano material combined with the best fitting available, we have designed a super slim and light weight rod. The Avon rod is extremely delicate and sensitive, but at the same time surprises you, as it has a lot of power, if a bigger fish turns up, or you should need to do distance casting. The blank is of course build with AHT (Advanced helical Taper) and SBD (Slim Blank Design), as most of our top series, at it ensures a fast rod action and a phenomenal low weight.
The rods looks very nice with it's deep olive colored blank, with olive thread and a slim gold trim around the logo and the shooting guide. Shooting guides is American Tackles Titanium guide and snakes are the best obtainable quality super hard Chrome double leg models. Handle and cork part of the reel seat is of highest obtainable quality AAAA Portuguese cork, and the reel seat of aircraft grade aluminum.
- 45 Tons graphite + IM8 Nano Material;
- SBD (Slim Blank Design);
- Low weight;
- Advanced Helical Taper technology;
- Top quality Portuguese cork handle - Grade AAAA;
- American Tackle high performance titanium stripping guides;
- Beautiful reel seat in airspace graded aluminum and cork;
- Super hard chrome double leg snakes and top guides;
- Dots for correct and easy assembling of rod parts;
- Supplied in a Cordura rod tube;
- The 8ft #3 weights 62g and has a half wells grip;
- The 8,3ft #4 weights 68g and has a half wells grip;
- The 8,9ft #5 weights 76g and has a half wells grip with fighting butt.